17 November 2006

Pork Friday: Vietnamese pork



Vietnamese is one of my favourite Asian cuisine… I’m wondering if
there is an Asian cuisine that I do not like, but except canned food
form the Philippine (for a job, once I had to translate the
ingredients of some cans and you can’t imagine how many we had to
reject for the presence of ingredients not allowed in the EU…), I
think I would survive throughout the whole Asia continent without
speaking a single word of the local idiom, but just pointing at stuff
on menus or displays… I must try…
Anyway, as you can’t find Vietnamese cuisine in Italy, my great
source is France: on every corner there is a Vietnamese restaurant!
Many thanks to Colonialism!
Of course, I’m joking: I do not like Colonialism… Italian never had
colonies, that’s why I do not like Colonialism! Ok, ok, sorry, even
this was a sad historical joke and I know I’m the only one jiggling
about it!!! And still jiggling…
Anyway, I like Vietnamese cuisine (and that should be quite clear
right now), and as I didn’t want my house to smell of caramelized
pork for one week (like the last time we did it… Delicious, but
stinky!!!), I went for this version of marinated pork.


300 g of lean pork

1 clove of garlic
2 shallots
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of rice wine
1 tablespoon of sesame oil

Cut the pork in small cubes. Mix all the ingredients and let it stand
in the fridge overnight.

Grill it on a very hot skillet until golden. Serve with a salad or rice.