18 May 2007

Food photography for dummies

At the end I had to: I've decided, tempted by a good offer, to oblige my (poor) French husband to buy me, for my birthday (that is in 4 month...) a Canon Eos 350D! Yeah, I know, I'm a slaver! ;-)
As the camera is not yet in my hands (because of the offer, Milan shops run out, so my father bought it for me in Varese), I was "preparing" for the big moment (me? a control freak??? Noooo....) downloding brochure from the Canon web site. And look what I found???
A brochure for macro lenses that on page 6 explain you how a nice lady with a nice apron can take pictures that "Looks like professional cooking" in a bit, using a 500 € camera + 600 € macro lenses!!! If it could be just the camera, the world would be saved in a click!!!
I think all the Bourdain reading during flu made me bitter... ;-)