30 July 2007

Mirror cake: I couldn't...

This time I couldn't... And I feel a traitor...
I can give you all the excuses in the world, because I've made it, 2 weeks ago, but I couldn't dare taking a picture of it: it was all wrong...
What the hell am I speaking about???
I'm speaking about this month Daring Bakers challenge, Strawberry mirror cake.
It was my first with a mirror cake, and I felt challenged, and so happy!
Everything went perfectly well, until the last passage...
I made the sponge cakes, I made the Bavarian cream, I made the strawberry jelly... And it was so red I didn't even need to colour it!!!
The cake was in the fridge, and the strawberry jelly was getting cooler... But I was tired, and it was SO hot, I couldn't wait any more the jelly to get cooler... So I poured the jelly on the cake while it was still warm... I let your imagination to picture with what I ended up: a complete mess!

You see why we HAVE TO follow the recipe in every single step??? Because when I didn't, mess came out! And so I lost my first bonus. I will lost the second bonus next month, because I'll be on holiday...
And so I have to dare baking every single month, until the end of my days...
And it doesn't look bad at all!!! :-)
Sorry Peabody if I screw your challenge! I've just seen your creation and it looks amazing! Better: awesome!