17 October 2006

Sunday Roast 2: Horseradish Sauce


I am not a big fan of horseradish sauce: too bland yet too hot for such a non exciting flavour. But I religiously follow Nigella Lawson, so, if she makes horseradish sauce, I will make it too…
The taste was good, very different from the commercial one, but I couldn’t say I will eat it for ever and ever… I liked it, nonetheless I didn’t eat as much as my husband… But he is a well known big big big eater: you know, he's French, he's strange!!! ;-))
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Feast, by Nigella Lawson.

Make 250 ml

300 g of fresh horseradish
300 ml of double cream
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 apple (more id the horseradish is insanely hot)
Salt

Peel the horseradish and the apple and cut it into chunks. Blend together all ingredients in a food processor until you obtain a creamy texture. Spoon it in serving bowls and refrigerate until lunch.