04 March 2007

Banana Pancakes

Pancakes.jpg

Hip hip hurrah for Nigella Lawson!
Pardon me my madness, but today in Italy is definitively spring (even 1 moth before is normally due), and there is a glorious sun in Milan: one of those rare day when the sky is blue and pollution seems to be blown away by some magical force...
So we wake up in a perfect mood and made pancakes! And Nigella suggests, in the Feast's chapter Breakfast, to make banana pancakes! And as I recently became addicted to bananas, why not?

For approximately 10 pancakes (it depends how big you make them...)
150 g of flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of chemical yeast
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of sodium
200 ml of goat milk
50 ml of yoghurt
1 banana (very ripe)
1 egg

Measure all the ingredients and blend them in a food processor until you obtain a smooth batter.
Heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a heavy bottom non stick pan, clean it away with a pice of kitchen towel and add a bit of batter, something like a ladle full. Cook it until it bubbles, then turn it and let it cook for another 30 seconds.
Keep them hot while you are making the others.

I personally never tried a real American pancake, as I've never set foot in the States, but my husband says that Jamie Oliver's version is more like what you eat in pancakes bar... I like Nigella's too and the banana taste is very nice and subtle...