29 January 2008

Raw, part 1: sushi, kind of

Salmon raw, part 1

A short note on this raw posts: as you read, few days ago I bought a whole salmon of 2 kilos. I processed all that night, but as I'm lazy (and wise), I'll give slow sips of what I did with it. This doesn't mean I ate the fish, raw, after 1 week. It only means I ate it that night, took picture of it, then published it little by little...

With my sushi book at end, I cleaned and cut the salmon accordingly to sushi cuts, and ended up with several fillets. A good part of them is nicely sleeping in the freezer, ready to be cooked. Few of them were processed as raw... While I was doing it, I wished for a thin Japanese knife... And I think I begin to save money for it... May be I'll be able to buy one before my eighty birthday...
My husband made sushi rice: he's better than me at it! You can find many recipes for that on-line...
Once cooled, decided to make some little nice bowl, lay them on individual spoons, cover them with a thin slice of salmon fillet, and add over it some berries of pink pepper... I have to say that rwa salmon and pink pepper work like a blast: they are wonderful!!!