05 October 2007

My new belle

My new belle.jpg

Few weeks ago was my birthday (for some insight of the crazy week-end we had, you can check out Robyn's pictures: she was visiting with some friends! And we had tons of fun!).
I received some presents (well, better to, as I cooked dinner for 20 of my closest friends!!!): some teas, delicious lip balms and macarons from Sara, a book about blogging form Susan, "Mastering the art of French Cooking" by Julia Child from Robyn (with the cutest birthday card ever!), a really nice pink bag from Rosa (once blogger!) and then the masterpiece, from a group of friends.
Here's the story about it!
My friends, whom they know me so well, love me so much and remember every time I bring them to one of my favourite kitchen stores and point all the silly and expensive dream equipments I would love to own, gave me my new belle!
Some time ago I went to the La Rinascente lower floor and pointed out to my friend G. a flamboyant orange Le Crueset, 22 centimetres.
Then my birthday came, and they handed me a huge pack. When I saw that flamboyant orange Le Crueset, 22 centimetres, coming out of the gift paper, I couldn’t believe it: I dreamt to cook with one of this for the last 5 years… And all my dreams, all my expectations were fulfilled! It’s one of the best cocotte I’ve ever used in my life…
And I cooked a chicken tajine, just to begin… (freely adapted from Tajine and pastillas, by Marie Chemorin, Marabout)... I'm in a huge tajine mood, lately...


2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
3 onions
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of grounded ginger
4 chicken drumsticks
1 lemon, quartered

Peel and chop finely the onions. stir fry them slowly in the oil. Add the spices. Add the chicken drumstick, coat them with the onions and spices. Add two galsses of water, the quartered lemon (better if you have citron confit, if not it will be a bit bitter). Let it cook for half an hour.
Serve with cous cous or flat bread.

Chicken Tajine.jpg